Feb 14, 2011

JOHN MARK GLEADOW

 



This is real paintings(!)


"My transition into doing paintings of books allows me to incorporate everything I love as an artist: limitless color and subject matter variations, along with an image which doesn't exist in reality - these paintings are idealized scenes. The themes I deal with aren't immediately recognizable, which presents the viewer with a challenge and a choice: appreciate the piece purely for its aesthetic appeal, or go deeper into the meaning behind
why these subjects have been put together."

 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/3/11

    Artist J. Scott Nicol does the same
    art? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly the same? really? havent seen that yet, will chock it out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicol was recruited by the art publisher I left in order to copy the work I was doing. Sad but true. ~John-Mark Gleadow

    ReplyDelete