Dec 4, 2010

A RITZ IDEA


2006, I lived in London and had an exciting six months of work at the prestigious gentleman's club - "Royal Air Force Club. I tried to catch as many "london" things as possible during the semester and one of those things was to go to afternoon tea at a nice place. Of course, The Ritz is an absolute London institution and very famous for the afternoon-tea so I called them for a table-reservation.  It was actually three months later that I
got my reservation(!)- it was that popular.


The tea was served in the Palm Court, which was an absolutely incredible room in the centre of the ground floor of the hotel. I felt like I was in a James Bond-movie. The guests that was there was 100% tourists - no englishman in that room what so ever.
I think its more of a show for tourists and for those that is looking for a fun eating experience. It cost me 60 POUNDS for the whole fiesta but then I could eat as much as I wanted of scones, selcted sandwishes and petit fours...and they even served a glass of champagne. Hmm - will I do it again - well yes if it was 20 pounds..I might do it again because I really felt like a moviestar;)

 The clothes I had was not easy to pick but a I shosed a black skirt frm Lindex, shoes from Bruno Magli, black top from Filippa K and a scarf from a local designer in Notting Hill.
Visit the homepage of ritz: http://www.theritzlondon.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment